#681 – Admintools blocking plugin

Posted in ‘TrackTime’
This is a public ticket. Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.
Friday, 04 November 2016 12:16 CET
 Hi Davide

I'm stuck.

i have two sets of clients (Dutch and Swiss) fro whom I have built seperate, but identical sites except for language. Both are on the same server but have a different url

For the Swiss group - tracktime works fine.

For the Dutch group, the plugin gets blocked with the message :
403 This request is blocked by Admin Tools. Please change this message in the component's options.

I have checked htaccess and they are identical on the client sites, but one group works and the other doesn't.

Can you point me in the right direction?
Custom Fields
Joomla! Version 3.6
Extension version (x.y.z) 3.6.1
Monday, 07 November 2016 12:46 CET
Hello David,

when you see that message, it means that the request is blocked by Admin Tools - System plugin, not by the .htaccess file.
Can you please review your security exceptions and post here the reason for the block?
Monday, 07 November 2016 15:24 CET
I've been experimenting, based on your feedback and uninstalled AdminTools and then reinstalled a clean copy - now everything work.

I'm going to have to find the setting that was the problem...

One question: I am adding in htaccess the exception : cli/tracktime.php - is that correct?
Should I also / instead create a WAF exception for com_tracktime with no other settings?

Thanks for your feedback.

Monday, 28 November 2016 16:16 CET
Sorry for the extra late reply, but your ticket reply slipped :(

One question: I am adding in htaccess the exception : cli/tracktime.php - is that correct?

No, you don't need that. Such file is not accessible from the Web, so you don't have to "allow" it.
Once again, I need the exact security exception that is raised, you can find it inside the Security Exception log page.
Tuesday, 29 November 2016 10:16 CET
Hi Davide

Thanks for the input.

I'm not entirely sure what I changed, but that site is not causing any problems anymore.

However there is still one site - naturally the one I do the most work on - which does not work. I've looked at the details in the plugin and on the component and they are correct and no different to the other sites which work. In fact I have two projects going for one customer on different servers, but neither is sending information!

I've checked the security exceptions log and there is nothing there.

I have no idea what else I can do.
Tuesday, 29 November 2016 17:22 CET
If the remote tracking is working when triggered from other sites but it fails with others, it means that the outgoing connections are blocked.
Tuesday, 29 November 2016 20:05 CET
Ok - so the connection is blocked.
How can I find out what is blocking it? I've looked at the raw logs and can't see anything.

I'd appreciate a tip on what I should be looking for and how to find it

Friday, 02 December 2016 10:09 CET
You should get in touch with the host of the server "sending" the connection.
Ask him if they have any firewall or see anything strange. Tell him that you are trying to get in touch with your "main" site (give them the domain, so they can resolve the IP from that).
Monday, 02 January 2017 00:45 CET
This ticket has been automatically closed. All tickets which have been inactive for a long time are automatically closed. If you believe that this ticket was closed in error, please contact us.
This ticket is closed, therefore read-only. You can no longer reply to it. If you need to provide more information, please open a new ticket and mention this ticket's number.

Please make sure that your question is not answered in the documentation before submitting a ticket.
It will save you time!

You can review all public tickets, but if you want to open a new ticket you must have a valid subscription.
You can purchase it here